Sunday, November 11, 2012

I've been a Slacker...

I have been a bad blogger. I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I'm going to try to be better.

Both babies are doing good, but this nausea has really been kicking my ass. I have about one really bad day a week where I can't keep anything down and have to cancel my clients, and I've been to the doctor twice for excessive vomiting.
Last week we had a bit of a scare because I started spotting and cramping. They took us right away for an ultrasound at the OBs office and everything was fine. My doctor said it was probably from my violent puke sessions (I threw up twice while there) and told me to take it easy, take my phenergan every 3.5 hours, try to sleep a bit, and if I was still throwing up that night to head to the hospital for fluids. Luckily it didn't get to that point and I felt better after more meds and a nap.
The upside was that we got to see the babies again. Both had heart rates of 164... And I got to see them move!




I'm at 12 weeks already and had to cave yesterday and buy some maternity pants... eeep! I can't believe it!... But things are definitely growing. I'm having my NT scan done next week andI'm hoping we get an early guess at genders because the suspense is killing me. Patrick is convinced that they're both boys and that they are his good luck charms. He is a Notre Dame fanatic and they've gone undefeated so far. He says it's because I'm growing their future star players. He actually rubs my belly and tells them to grow strong so they can play for Notre Dame one day... It's pretty sweet.

I can't believe how quickly time is going by. We've decided that I'm going to stop working after Christmas, which is only 7 weeks away! It's been bitter-sweet making my clients' last appointments with me and I know it's going to be rough when I'm actually doing their hair for the last time for who knows how long. With the holidays being so hectic, it's going to be here before I know it!

Speaking of the holidays... I'm both excited and nervous for Thanksgiving. I'm nervous because of the above mentioned nausea. I'm so excited for the food, but I'm worried I won't be able to stomache much of it. I'm having some MAJOR food aversions... mainly to meat. I can handle small amounts mixed with other things, but I haven't really had any meat in about 5 weeks.
Veggies are iffy. Sometimes I want them, sometimes the thought turns my stomache. I've been sustaining myself, for the most part, on potatoes, pb&j sandwiches, pasta, crackers, and cereal. (Thank goodness for cereal! It's about the only variety I get.)
My doctor says my nausea should start getting better now that I'm heading into my second trimester, but that it could hang around until twenty weeks... or even beyond! I'm praying it goes away soon and that I can enjoy the Thanksgiving feast. More importantly, I want to be able to stop the meds.
My nausea medicine makes me constipated (horribly so), and my constipation medicine makes me nauseous. My "super" nausea medicine is a suppository... and it gives my diarrhea... within ten minutes.
At least I'm off the progesterone and estrogen. I stopped earlier this week without any issues. My butt cheeks are very thankful for the stop.

Everything is progressing... and FAST. Sometimes I still have a hard time believing its real.

Thank You, God, for this amazing gift You're giving us.

No comments:

Post a Comment